If you asked me what every Indonesian at least can cook? Yep! exactly, it is the famous “Nasi goreng” a.k.a fried rice. How we make it? It depends everyone’s taste, it could be spicy will fresh chili, or sweet and sour with tomato sauce and butter, or fruity just like the one that I’m going to show you my recipe.
“The pineapple fried rice”
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 fresh red chili, chopped
- Shrimp (or chicken), peeled but keep the tail.
- 1 egg
- some frozen peas (make sure to put in a bowl of hot water and strain the water after defrost)
- A whole pineapple (cut into two parts and take the fruits out using knife and spoon, make sure that you have enough place to put the rice inside the pineapple)
- tomato sauce
- chili sauce (if you would like to make it a bit spicy)
- Thai Rice (I prefer to cook rice in rice cooker, if you plan to cook fried rice for lunch, try to cook the rice in the morning, it’s better to use cold rice for making a good fried rice)
- Heat 2 tbs vegetable oil or margarine in a medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir the onion, garlic until you can smell the perfume, then put chopped fresh red chili
- Put the egg and scrambled
- Put the shrimp, cook and stir until it’s changing color.
- Put chopped pineapple, cook and stir until it’s tender.
- Reduce the heat and put the rice, stir with the tomato sauce and chili sauce until it well combined.
- Prepare the whole pineapple in a big plate, and put the fried rice on top of it.
Bonne dégustation! 🙂